How do I reset my sensor?Last Updated: June 19, 2018
To reset your sensor, hold down the side button for 10 seconds. The LED display should turn blue, then orange then green. Once it turns green, let go and it should glow orange. This will allow you to teach the sensor any new WiFi credentials and put the sensor in setup mode. No noise data will be deleted. The sensor will retain all historical noise data associated with it.
Once this is complete, follow the following steps to get your sensor back online:
- Press ‘Add Sensor’ on the desired property page.
- Complete the sensor profile. Name the sensor and select the Noise Threshold at which you’d like to be notified, press continue.
- You’ll now be prompted to connect to the sensor. Go to your WiFi menu, where you’d add a new WiFi network, and join the ‘NoiseAware_XXXX’ network. Once you’ve successfully connected to the sensor, you should see a menu where you pick your WiFi network from a drop down menu and enter your WiFi password (having trouble connecting to your sensor…) and press connect.
- Once your WiFi password is verified, you’ll see the sensor being configured on your screen and scroll through a series of checkboxes. This should take 1-3 minutes Once, complete you’ll see ‘Device Connected Successfully’ and you’ll be brought back to the property page. Refresh the page to see your newly added sensor.
Did your connection fail?
- Check that you are entering the property wifi credentials correctly.
- Reset the sensor by holding down the small white button on the side while the sensor is plugged in - count for 10 seconds before releasing, the light should go from blue to orange to green. Release after green, the light should glow orange - signifying it is in 'setup mode'.
- Contact our Support Team through our help support desk or call us at: 888.787.8750
Are you stuck on step 2 'Connect to Device'?
Make sure there is an orange light on the side of your sensor. The orange light means the sensor is in set-up mode. The light will turn off once your sensor is configured. If there is no orange light on the side of your sensor:
- Make sure the outlet is receiving electrical power
- Once electrical power is confirmed, hold down the side button for 10 seconds. It should turn blue, then orange then green. Once it turns green, let go and it should glow orange.